Since 2011, our foundation has helped over 300 individuals and families navigate the difficult business of recovery. Key members have vetted treatment facilities, helped connect clients to the right program, and walked the walk for over 25 years. We are ready to help you and your family with guidance, understanding, & even scholarships when available.
The N.O.W. Matters More Foundation champions creative efforts and solutions for prevention, education, and treatment of substance abuse and the disease of addiction.
We use relevant and effective images, discussions, and entertainment via print, Internet, radio, television, film, conference, and personal appearances to promote awareness, understanding, reduce the stigma, and inspire action.
There are many treatment solutions available and we encourage anyone suffering to get help NOW regardless of the barriers. We help individuals and families navigate the difficult business of recovery by vetting programs and helping them with options of those that best meets their treatment needs. We provide partial or full scholarships when necessary and available. We promote multiple events every year for this very purpose and are grateful to the programs and individuals that help with this very necessary component of our foundation. Unfortunately many people suffering with addiction are under insured, have limited benefits, or have no insurance at all.
What We've Achieved
- Over 300 referrals to qualified addiction treatment programs.
- Over 200 partial or full scholarships for various levels of addiction treatment.
- 8 programs have offered full scholarships for beds in residential placements or chairs in outpatient programs in 2017 alone.
- Provided 108 NARCAN doses free to every participant in our 2017 Golf Tournament thanks to the generous donation from Scientific Laboratory Company.
- Participate on The Couch Live Radio Show every Friday from 12-1pm on The Problem Solving Network WPSN99.com, TheCouchLive.com, WJHM102Jamz.com, or Rock100DIZ.com. The show focuses on all issues related to addiction & recovery since 1999.
- Appear on Fox35 on a regular basis to offer feedback, expertise, and insight on relevant news events.
- Unite and promote qualified treatment programs at various events to help reduce the influence of unethical practices in the business of addiction treatment.
- Participate on the Treatment Committee of the Orange County Coalition for a Drug Free Community.
- Participated in the Treatment Sub-Committe of the Orange County Heroin Task Force.
- Fostered relationships with various celebrities to help boost our messages and mission.
- Appeared as a sponsor on Kyle Weatherman's ARCA Racing Series #78 car in the Kentuckiana Ford Dealers 200 in 2017.