Terms & Conditions
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Individuals who participate in the Contest or submit an entry are referred to herein as an “Entrant.” ALL ASPECTS OF CONTEST AND PARTICIPATION THEREIN ARE GOVERNED BY LOCAL AND FEDERAL LAWS PURSUANT TO ENTRANTS NATION AND OR STATE OF ENTRANTS RESIDENCE.
SPONSOR : THE NOW MATTERS MORE FOUNDATION, INC. (50 Faulkner Street New Smyrna Beach Fl 32168). *This event is meant to lend awareness to the N.O.W. Matters More Foundation, whose mission is to scholarship those who qualify with financial assistance for treatment of substance abuse issues. Please visit www.nowmattersmore.org.
TIME PERIOD : Contest begins at 12am Eastern Standard Time, Saturday October 20, and concludes Sunday October 21th at 12pm EST, by which period all entries must be received.
ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to all legal residents of the United States and legal residents of any country globally who allows, without restriction, the participation in such events. All entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Anyone under the age of 18 must be registered as part of a team with at least one person over the age of 18 presiding. All parties registered must be able to prove legal residency of their country upon request.
HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.Onedaynow.org and follow the instructions on how to enter the contest found via the Website. Each individual must register regardless of their status as a team member. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all Entrants. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Wordpress or YouTube. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Instagram account is registered on the date the entry is submitted. *See specific section below regarding team rules.
WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: For each day’s contest, one Entrant that properly completes all necessary steps for such day’s contest will be selected by Sponsor (“Potential Winner”). Potential Winners will be announced via the Website no later than one week from start date. Potential Winners will be contacted via Instagram message (“Prize Notification”). To be confirmed a winner (“Prize Winner”) and receive the Prize, each Potential Winner must respond to the Prize Notification message sent by Sponsor and will be required to sign and return a completed Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity as well as provide a valid, current mailing (street) address. This information may be submitted through a private email. Failure of the Potential Winner to satisfy the above stated conditions, will result in forfeiture of the Prize and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected by Sponsor (in such case, the selection and notification process will be repeated.) Sponsor will provide instructions to the Prize Winner on how to receive the Prize.
PRIZES: One cash prize will be awarded in U.S. currency to one winner. The cash amount will be half of the total amount (minus PayPal Fees) raised through donations for this event only. Donations are collected via online registration of each participant. Sponsor is not responsible for any transaction, wire, or monetary exchange fees incurred by the winner.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No portion of the Prize may be transferred or substituted, except by Sponsor (in its sole discretion), which reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, Prize unavailability. All expenses not specifically identified as included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Prize, and all elements thereof, are subject to availability. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Prize is at Prize Winner’s sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of the Prize. Prize Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with his/her Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description. The Prize Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize. Failure to take or complete any portion of the Prize does not relieve the Prize Winner of his/her tax obligations associated with winning the Prize.
General Rules: By entering the Contest, entrant grants Sponsor a worldwide, royalty free, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute and display each submitted Entry and use each Entry in any manner including promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity and commercial uses without any further notice or payment to entrant (except where prohibited by law). Entrant represents and warrants that its Entry does not and will not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third-party right or violate any applicable law or regulation, including any right to privacy or publicity. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the identified Instagram account was registered. If a winner is a minor in winner’s jurisdiction residence, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent/legal guardian. Sponsor will send the winner an affidavit of eligibility and publicity release or and the winner (winner’s parent/legal guardian) will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (where legal) within seven (7) days of notification before the prize is awarded. If the winner fails to return the affidavit of eligibility within seven (7) days or if the winner is ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from all eligible Entries received. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of Sponsor and award prizes from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor and each of its employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies will have no liability or responsibility whatsoever, and will be held harmless by entrant, for any claim or liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the creation of an Entry including any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity or defamation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable, or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or related activity. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused including computer malfunction, by participation in this Contest or by use or redemption of any prize or by any related activities. Acceptance of the prize or parts thereof constitutes permission to use winner’s name and likenesses for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Except as otherwise provided herein for the use of certain winner information, personal information collected from each entrant will only used by Sponsor for the purpose of administration of the Contest.
Any cash prize will be distributed in US currency only (exchange rates and transfer fees may apply).
Jurisdiction: The Contest shall be directed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida applicable to promotions carried out within Florida. However, all aspects related to contest, participation therein, and entrants themselves are governed by entrants respective local and federal laws pursuant to entrants nation and/or state of residence. ALL ASPECTS OF CONTEST AND PARTICIPATION THEREIN ARE GOVERNED BY LOCAL AND FEDERAL LAWS PURSUANT TO ENTRANTS NATION AND OR STATE OF RESIDENCE. Except where prohibited by law, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ and/or experts’ fees; and winner hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (including attorneys fees), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Each prize winner acknowledges that no other party nor any agent or attorney of any other party has made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, express or implied, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof, to induce the winner to execute any document and the winner acknowledges that he or she has not executed any document in reliance on any such promise, representation or warranty not contained herein. Any waiver by Sponsor and its affiliates of any term of any document in a particular instance shall not be a waiver of such term for the future. The winner agrees that the invalidity or enforceability of any part of any document shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remainder of that document.
* Entries (Photo and/or Video) must each be submitted via INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #OneDayNow, as well as the hashtag specific to that task.
* Each entry must contain at least one person holding a sign saying #onedaynow
* Entries must be the original work of entrant
* Entries must not have been previously published or won an award or prize of any kind
* Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, contain profanity, nudity, sexual content; hateful content of any kind; content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature; or any other offensive content (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion)
* Entries must not contain material that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous
* Entries must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
* Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations; or promote any political agenda or party
* Entries must not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without express written permission from the person or persons (or their estate) depicted in the Entry (**Only Acception: One Backstreet Boys Song)
* Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and not contain any material that could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of Sponsor, its subsidiaries or affiliates
* Entries must not violate or encourage the violation of any law, rule or regulation, whether state or federal in either the United States or any other nation.
* Duplicate photos can be used for members of the same team.
* Team size is not limited. (But each member must be registered and one must be 18 years of age or older at time of entry.)
* Selected creative pictures and/or videos will be posted on www.onedaynow.org and www.nowmattersmore.org, and related Social Media.
* No inappropriate pictures, language, gestures or comments will be recognized as an entry.
* Photos and/or Videos may both only be submitted via Instagram. All Entries received and correctly tagged as of October 21th, 12pm EST to be eligible for participating winner selections. Each Winner will be notified by Sponsor via their submitted contact information on their registration form and given further instructions to receive their prize. The winner (or winner’s parent/legal guardian if the winner is a minor) must reply to the winner notification from Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours. If a winner is not reachable at the address or e-mail address provided and a forwarding mailing address or e-mail address is not made available or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Determinations made by Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
Winners will be announced 10/22/14 6pm EST via social media
This event is meant to lend awareness to the N.O.W. Matters More Foundation, whose mission is to scholarship those who qualify with financial assistance for treatment of substance abuse issues. Please visit www.nowmattersmore.org.
Board members of the N.O.W. Matters More Foundation reserve the right to disqualify any entrant(s) who do not adhere to the rules as stated above.
Each entrant must electronically sign a waiver releasing the N.O.W. Matters More Foundation and its members from any claims of harm, illness, accident or injury before being allowed to participate.